Friday, November 26, 2010

The Final Menu

We had a lovely small Thanksgiving yesterday. I think I have a bit of a food hangover. Three glasses of cava early in the meal probably didn't help.

Overall I was really pleased with how all of the "new to me" dishes turned out. This is what we ate (and will be eating for the next few days):

- Turkey breast roulade stuffed with fig, cranberry, and sausage stuffing
- Stuffing! Pretty much agreed upon to be the best part of the meal. So good.
- Gravy
- Pureed sweet potatoes with a bit of brown butter, maple syrup, and toasted pecans
- Braised brussels sprouts with pecorino
- Potato rolls
- Cumin-scented carrots
- Clementine and cinnamon scented cranberry sauce (delicious gift from a good friend)
- And, of course, pumpkin pie

As planned, every recipe I prepared was new to me... except the cumin-scented carrots. I make those a lot, they are super-easy and I knew they would add a little kick to the meal.

I was so happy with the turkey breast roulade and stuffing. It fell apart slightly as I was slicing, but the meat was juicy and the stuffing was delicious.

How was your Thanksgiving meal?

3 comments:

Delicious Dishings said...

I'm happy the turkey came out so good! It sounds like such a great recipe. I had one good Thanksgiving dinner already with my fiance's family, and tomorrow we'll go to eat with my family. I just finished baking 3 desserts! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving was good, but small. L enjoyed her first tastes of Holiday fare! No real new recipes for me this year except the apple pie. Okay, but I will not make it again.

L
a

Anonymous said...

We were in Argentina so had no real Thanksgiving dinner. The stuffing sounds delicious. How about the recipe?